Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Borrowed

I borrowed this from Sheen

1. One book that changed your life.
Frank Herbert's Dune. My aunt had given me her old paperback copy when I was around thirteen. It was the first "adult" book I ever read.

2. One book that you've read more than once.
There are several... all of the original Dune books by the great Frank Herbert, George Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series, Neil Gaiman's American Gods... I could go on.

3. One book that you'd want on a deserted island.
King's The Dark Tower, Martin's Storm of Swords, Gaiman's Smoke and Mirrors. Any one of these along with a bottle of tequilla and a few lemons... I'll be a happy gal.

4. One book that mad you laugh.
Almost everyone I've read. I have a wierd sence of humor, I laugh at pretty much everything.

5. One book that made you cry.
Stephen King's Dark Tower- when Roland finally made it to the tower... I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it.

6. One book you wish you had written.
Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman. While I was reading this it was the first time I ever remember being envious of a writers talent.

7. One book you wish had never been written.
There is no such thing.

8. One book you are reading right now.
Temeraire by Naomi Novik. ehhh, it would be a lot better without the whole talking dragon bit.

9. One book that you have been meaning to read.
There are several that I've started but haven't been able to finish. City of Golden Shadow by Tad Williams, Perdido Street Station by China Mieville, and The Briar King by Greg Keyes. I don't know why but I can only read a few chapters of each before I lose interest.

1 Comments:

Blogger SheenV said...

Kitty, A big "Thanks!" for referencing me. What influence did Dune have on you? I think the first time I picked it up was also when I was 12 or 13 at a science fiction book club I was it. I couldn't get through more that about 1/3 of it then. I picked it up again a few years later and then really enjoyed it.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home